• no bookings fees
  • one-way rentals available
  • support from RV experts
  • a wide range of campers

Frequently Asked Questions

We compare multiple RV rental providers. The below answers are a general guide – however, each company has its own terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. Please make sure to check the T&Cs of your rental vehicle.

Do I need a special driver’s license to drive a campervan in the USA?

Most motorhomes and campervans can be driven with a standard, full driver’s license. If your license is not in English, an International Driver’s Permit or translation is generally required. All drivers will need to present and present a valid driver’s license on pick-up.

What is the cost per mile for rentals?

The cost of miles will depend on the supplier and the size of the vehicle. With some vehicles, a base number of miles is already included in the rental price. Additional miles can often be purchased in packages.

Are one-way rentals available?

Yes, one-way RV rentals are quite popular. Select your start and end destinations in our search tool to compare available campers on your route.

Can I travel to Canada in my RV?

Yes, most RV rental companies allow entering Canada, however, check the T&Cs of the supplier you are considering. Currently, no companies are offering one-way rentals starting in the US and ending in Canada.

Is there a security deposit required while booking?

Yes, most rental companies require a deposit. In the US, it is usually around $1000, although it will vary depending on the supplier, vehicle and sometimes other circumstances e.g. Britz charges additional deposits for some regional festivals. Generally, a credit card is required, and the credit card holder must be present at pickup.

Popular US Destinations